Today from 1pm In London an annual rally and march will take place combining the forces of Survivors of abuse and Child action groups. The biggest two problems in this area are “traumatic forgetting” which make accurate statistics difficult and the utterly dominant force of denial in society – which stands as a force against real change. To end denial we must achieve:
- RECOGNITION OF PREVELANCE OF ABUSE: 30 – 40% of ADULTS ABUSED AS CHILDREN. THE COST TO SOCIETY IS IN WASTED LIVES AND BILLIONS OF POUNDS.
- RECOGNITION THAT ABUSE OCCURS MAINLY IN THE HOME AND WITH TRUSTED CARERS.
- END “STRANGER DANGER” CAMPAIGNS/DENIAL – THE DANGER IS RARELY FROM STRANGERS YET MILLIONS ARE WASTED ON THESE CAMPAIGNS.
- END DEMONISATION OF THE INTERNET – THE INTERNET HAS DONE MORE GOOD FOR ADULT SURVIVORS THAN GOVERNMENT HAS – IT HAS PROVIDED US SHARED RESOURCES AND SUPPORT AND ALLOWED US TO BECOME CONNECTED – AND THEREFORE A FORCE FOR CHANGE.
- RECOGNITION THAT ABUSE IS BOTH PSYCHOLOGICALLY AND PHYSICALLY DAMAGING – THE PHYSICAL CONSEQUENCES ARE UNDER RESEARCHED AND DENIED. SOMATISATION DISORDERS DO NOT EXIST – UNTREATED INJURIES SUSTAINED IN CHILDHOOD RAPE AND BATTERY CAUSE REAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE WHICH REMAINS UNTREATED – WHILST UNDER-EDUCATED DOCTORS BLINDLY BLAME THE PATIENTS “PSYCHOLOGY”.
- MORE RESEARCH INTO CYCLES OF ABUSE AND EARLY INTERVENTION IN PROBLEM FAMILIES.
- A NATIONWIDE ENQUIRY INTO ORGANISED PAEDOPHILIA AND THE LINKS WITH FREEMASONRY AND THE JUSTICE SYSTEM: THIS SEEMS TO BE WHY MANY ABUSERS DO NOT GET PUNISHED.
Research indicates the majority of prostitutes, prisoners and hard drug addicts were abused as children – yet we demonise and ostracise these victims, imprison them and criminalise them – because they are trying to cope with horrors in their minds with no effective understanding of the aetiology of their problems and no effective treatment regime that deals with addiction behaviours and the underlying psychological distress.
We are not civilised.